The mission of outreach at Saint Anne Catholic Church is to model the love of Jesus Christ by helping the disadvantaged, the underserved, and those experiencing difficult life circumstances. Funding is targeted toward Christian programs in the greater Houston area that provide for immediate needs of food, clothing, shelter, and health care. Opportunities for volunteers to offer service and emotional/spiritual support, while experiencing hands-on involvement will be taken into consideration.
Applications should be submitted by March 1 for consideration at the April meeting or September 1 for consideration at the October meeting. Only one request per calendar year will be considered. Applications are to be sent to:
Outreach Grants Committee
Saint Anne Catholic Community
Houston, Texas 77098
No email applications/documentation are accepted.
Grant Request Form
You are invited to submit an application for funding. Please pdf click here (130 KB) to print a copy of our grant request form. All requests will be competitively reviewed and awarded based on available resources. Two copies of the application and requested documentation are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Saint Anne gives priority to ministries that have many or all of these characteristics:
• Are faith based,
• Bring about systemic change for children, families, disadvantaged and underserved,
• Provide basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter or the means to provide basic needs for oneself,
• Serve within the greater Houston area, and
• Provide volunteer opportunities for Saint Anne members.
Grants are made for the following purposes:
• Project or program support,
• Matching grant,
• Capacity building grant to further expand an agency’s effectiveness,
• Physical, mental and emotional well-being of the underserved,
• Addressing hunger needs, and
• Collaborative effort funding.
Saint Anne Does Not Provide Grants for:
• Testimonial dinners, fundraising events, marketing events or symposiums,
• Political purposes either directly or indirectly,
• Government agencies,
• Fraternity or sorority purposes,
• Other grant making entities, for example “pass-thru” organizations or companies,
• Coverage of past operating deficits or debts, or
• Seminary funding.
Saint Anne Catholic Community makes grants to nonprofit, tax exempt organizations. Saint Anne reviews requests quarterly but considers only one application from an organization within a calendar year. Former grant recipients who have not submitted acceptable progress reports in a timely manner shall not be eligible for funding in the current year.
Grant Application, Deadlines, and Process
An applicant must submit two paper copies of a fully completed Saint Anne Catholic Community Grant application, and both must be accompanied by two copies of the organization’s:
• Copy of the latest IRS letter(s) regarding its current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) or Section 170( c) and its public charity status under Section 509(a)(1), (2) or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. • Current board of directors or trustees list,
• Current budget for the specific project (if applicable),
• Current financial statement,
• Current annual operating budget, and
• Most recent audited financial statement.
No email applications/documentation will be accepted. The grant request form must be submitted by the first of the month to:
Saint Anne Catholic Community
Houston, Texas 77098
Applications must be received by the first of the month at 5 p.m. Applications that do not follow the requirements will not be considered. An email acknowledgment will be sent to the applicant within 10 days of receiving its grant request and will note if the application is complete or not. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Before an organization is considered a grant reviewing committee member will contact the agency to schedule a site visit.
By the second week following a quarter all applicants will be notified in writing about any action taken by Saint Anne Catholic Community. If a grant is awarded, a check will be mailed by the first of the following month.
Each recipient shall resubmit a report describing the process made and/or milestones achieved in furtherance of the purposes of the grant by the end of the period of the grant or by the time the funds have been expended.
Commitment to Informed Grant-making
Saint Anne performs due diligence on all grant applicants to assure the organization is an effective and healthy nonprofit organization. Saint Anne Parish takes into consideration not only the written application, but also the results of telephone interviews and site visits. After a grant is awarded, grantees are required to provide documentation about the project’s fulfillment/completion.
Not All Projects Can Be Funded
Saint Anne Catholic Community has the responsibility for the final approval of each grant. Since Saint Anne Parish receives funding requests that far exceed our grant budgets, we cannot fund every worthy project. A decision not to fund a proposal does not reflect on the merits of the proposal or the applicant’s organization.
Please click here to download the Outreach Grant Final Report – to be completed and returned within one year of funding or the completion of the project, whichever comes first.
For any questions or issues, please contact the Outreach Grants Committee at 713.525.4363.