1900 – The Basilian Order opened St. Thomas College, the college preparatory school that became St. Thomas High School.
1924 – On September 19, Bishop Christopher Byrne asks Rev. John O’Reilly to find a suitable location for a new church due to Houston’s westward growth. O’Reilly was the first pastor from 1925 to 1928.
1927 – In July, Rev. Thomas O’Rourke and Rev. John Glanvin make a request to Bishop Bryne for their own parish to operate and from which they could fund a new St. Thomas H.S.
1928 – April 28, Bishop Byrne places Saint Anne Parish in the charge of the Basilians.
1929 – The second Saint Anne Church, at a cost of $21,000 was completed in October.
1930 – Sisters of Divine Providence staffed the new St. Anne Catholic School.
1936 – George and Susan Strake donate an organ to Saint Anne Church.
1937 – Convent is built.
1938 – On November 22, a ground-breaking ceremony was held for the construction of the present-day Saint Anne Church. The Strakes make a sizeable donation for this to occur.
1939 – At a cost of $180,000, the third church for Saint Anne Parish was dedicated on December 10.
1941 – The rectory is constructed.
1945 – School cafeteria and junior high wing with seven classrooms is built.
1949 – Church bells were installed.
1950 – Rose window was installed.
1955 – Second capital campaign to raise $90,000 for a school gymnasium is successful. Stained glass windows installation is started.
1956 – The second church is remodeled to provide four classrooms and an auditorium.
1960 – The church is air-conditioned.
1961 – New lighting is installed and church architect, Maurice Sullivan repaints the ceiling as his last project.
1963 – New building with a bride’s room, connects the school to the north side of the church.
1972 – The foundation of the church is leveled. A baby was left at the altar in October.
1974 – Sisters of Divine Providence leave the school.
1975 – The 50th anniversary Mass was celebrated on January 26. The first Spanish Mass was organized.
1977 – New Reconciliation room is built.
1980 – A new Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults program is introduced.
1981 – A new Vissar-Rowland organ was dedicated on January 23.
1982 – Formal marriage preparation program was started.
1983 – St. Anne Guild is formed by Poppy Doyle, JoAnn Edmundson, and Joan O’Leary. The St. Vincent de Paul Society is reactivated by Fr. Tom Mailloux.
1985 – The “block” houses were renovated by the Hispanic ministry.
1986 – The first church was removed from the grounds.
1989 – The fourth capital campaign is launched to raise $5.5 million for reduce the debt of the sanctuary renovations and school, construction of the parish center, and the expansion of the parking and acquisition of property.
1991 – Church was renovated.
1996 – Anniversary campaign started to complete parish center.
1998 – Saint Anne Parish Center is dedicated.
2008 – The rectory underwent extensive renovation. East Wing of the school was added.
2015 – St. Anne Catholic School celebrated its 85th anniversary during the 2015-16 school year.